Innocent Decision
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
 

I am so tempted to blog. I told Prasanna (my Godsister) that I so wanna blog at like 10 plus. Ended up chatting with so many people that I didn’t blog until 1130, which is like now! Haha… Gosh. Time flies.

Well. It has been a while since P. Pras (she will know what the P stands for) and I had chatted. We always chat about abstract issues, something that most of my friends don’t do. I just love chatting with her because we kind of share a lot of common thoughts. She’s just like another Vitz.

I remember us chatting about friendship and trust. One of the first few chats. It was extremely interesting that find someone younger than me who actually has such thoughts. And she wasn’t just listening to me crapping. She was sharing. Indeed, I learnt some things from her too. Have met her only once (or twice), sadly. Haha…

And it was after very long that I chat with my thambi, Sakthivel. He was doing his Os, so didn’t see him online for a while. Now that he is back, he has to put up with my nonsense. Sad life for him. Haha…

And now I totally forgot what I wanted to blog about. DAMN!!!

….. after a while… 5 minutes or so…

Yeah. About change.

My dear Karthik was using this stupid font on MSN. It was totally un-readable. It wasn’t English. And he was typing with symbols. And I asked him why. He said ‘change is the only constant’. Well true. And that made me think! (Well, that’s Ragha.)

Change. I remember reading this article on “Mind Your Body” (in Straits Times) written by Gary Hayden. It was pretty good. I remember there was something about a river and about touching the river. It like one can say that they have actually touched the river but then it wasn’t the same river that they touched because the water isn’t the same! Confusing?

Well, simply put, nothing is ever constant for one to say that it’s the same. So here it brings me to think. So are we as humans a ‘constant’ thing at all? I mean from the time we born, we undergo changes – physically, mentally, psychologically and etc. So if we undergo so many changes, can we say that we are not the original people that we see everyday?

Looking at it on the surface level. We change clothes everyday. It doesn’t make us a new person on the inside but surely on the outside, we look different. But that’s just clothes. Given that we all think differently each day, does that imply that we are different people?
Basically because people are determined by the way they are – they way they behave, the way they think, how they approach issues and the people surrounding them. So if one day I wake up being extremely upset, am I no longer Ragha? Or am I still the same Ragha, with just different emotion?

We are different each day. We face different problems each day. We meet almost new people everyday, whether we know them or not. For me, I mingle with the same people in school everyday. But are they the same? I mean, they can’t wake up feeling the same as yesterday. They can’t come to school expecting to do the same things they did the day before. They can’t be the exact same person they were yesterday, a week ago, a month ago or even a year ago. So, the bottom-line is we meet new people daily. Does that make us new? It brings us back to where I begin – are we at all the same person that we think we are?

Even now, as I type this blog, I maybe a Ragha who is thinking too much (as Prasanna says). Tomorrow when I visit my very own blog, I would be having different thoughts, surprisingly or not, they may even be against what I feel today. So if nothing is constant, how on what basis do our lives revolve around? Change? Amazing! How something that changes revolves around something that ever-changing, yet the only constant that exists in the world!
(I can hear some people go “DAMN, I’m confused.)

Well, so in this ever-changing life, change is the only constant. Yet it is the change itself that is changing and makes everything else change. Is it possible to be the un-changeable? Is it possible to change the change? Is it possible to change and yet remain as who we are – as who we were introduced into the world as?

Once again. Perspective?

No! Reality.

Not Ragha’s perspective.

Just the harsh truth laid down in a simple way!

The only perspective is how one perceives the change.

Not how the ‘change’ perceives.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]