Innocent Decision
Saturday, March 7, 2009
 
I know it has been long since I blogged. Almost two weeks I guess. And of course, a lot of things have occurred in these two weeks. I don’t remember all though.

Let me start with the best part of all. I met my best friend - Han Jia Jun. I was super shocked to have met him. What are the odds that you would meet your best friend in camp, at the hand grenade range, amongst all other recruits? I was actually sleeping when he came and tapped me asking me a question. I actually didn’t recognize him. Until a while later, when I heard his voice and turned around. Woah. Trust me, I was super shocked. And of course, HAPPY. Happy like to the max. If I’m not wrong, I was super irritated that week. And seeing my best friend made my day, week, and made BMT memorable too. That happiness I felt that day was simply unexplainable. Trust me. Imagine meeting your best friend after two years. The last I saw JJ was in 2007, Teachers’ day at SJI. We went for lunch at Mos Burger, the Toa Payoh outlet. That was the last meet. He was still the same, maybe just that he lost some weight. I was so proud to introduce him to my bunkmates, telling them that “this is Jia Jun – my best friend”. Haha.

I met him again sometime this week at the Graduation Parade rehearsal. I was having my march past and he was waiting there for his turn. I smiled, so happy to see him. I am not supposed to be smiling when marching though. But the best part was the approving nod he gave, with a simple but tight smile. That action of his spoke a thousand words. That nod simply said “I know what you are going through. I’m there for you. We’re in this together.” At that moment, my fatigue just flew, knowing that after all, my best friend is going through the same thing.

In that same week when I saw Jia Jun, I saw Jerome. My best buddy from NYJC. I was marching back to camp after booking in when I heard someone call “Ragha”. I turned, saw him and waved back. Something I shouldn’t be doing when I’m marching. Haha. He looked different with the black ‘soldier’ spectacles. He looked thinner but more well- built. I was sure happy to see him. I mean, again, what are the odds that you would see your best buddy in camp, especially when your company lines are like 3km apart.

Interestingly, I met him again. I was attached to his company for my 16km route march. I know that I was going with his company, but didn’t think that I would be able to meet him because I didn’t know which platoon he was in and also, it was at night, as in really mid-night. But he found me at the first resting point. It sure did boost my morale to do the 16km, especially since I super tired after my GP rehearsal and was not in the mood to do that dumb march.

Meeting this two people sure did make my week a lot better. It was then I realized how much I missed them and how much I haven’t been catching up with them and a lot of my friends. I did meet Jerome during A levels results day. But I guess I will meet up with him again during my block leave. Have got a lot of catching up to do. Miss ya guys!

And as for my A level results. I just don’t know whether to be happy or sad. Simply confused with my results. It’s not the results I expected. But I passed overall, something I was worried about, because of my math. Most of them would know how ‘good’ my math was since secondary school days. In JC, I never crossed the U line. Every single major exam, I knew that I would be getting a U grade for math. Haha. I was super stressed when sitting in the hall because of my Tamil grade. Since I was the only student who took Tamil literature, when the principal was going through the breakdown analysis for the subjects, I would know my grade, whether it was an A or just a pass. So when the table showed ‘100% distinction’, I heaved a silent sigh of relief, knowing that I have secured my A. I remember my classmates cheering behind me. One burden down.

Next the analysis showed that there was no hundred percent passes for Math. DAMN! That sure killed my spirit I was ready to see an ‘ungraded’ on my results script. There was 100% passes for biology, which was relieving. GP – only 7% As. I hoped I had been in the 7%.

My tension died down pretty much soon after we left the hall and when people collecting their scripts. I took the paper from my tutor, who didn’t say anything much, so I figured out that my grades weren’t that bad. The first thing I did was to look at my math grade. There was no U. PHEW!!! But somehow, I wasn’t happy with the grades I got for my other subjects, like chemistry and biology. I was hoping for just one grade higher.

Well, there’s nothing that I can do now. One thing good is that I can make it t the university. The course is the issue now. Haven’t decided where I want to go and what I want to do. Never really thought about it because I was ready to retake my A levels because I was sure that I would flunk my math. Haha. Now that I didn’t, I have to make a decision regarding my university. Seriously, I feel so free now after getting my results.

The next big thing is my POP (Passing Out Parade). Next Wednesday. Not that far away. But I’m sure not looking forward to the 24km. Although I know it would be easier than the other marches because we have lesser items to carry, I don’t want to do it at night because I want to SLEEP. Haha. What a lazy ass!

And my last post about ‘love being bullshit’ received super a lot of comments. There were like soooo many SMS-es against my view. Haha. That post was super slammed la. Well, there goes the play of perspective again.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]