Innocent Decision
Saturday, January 30, 2010
 
"Was it Thaipusam today?", I kept asking myself.
Honestly, it didn't seem like it nor feel like it.
I was at Sri Perumal temple from 10am to 4pm, and i can be sure that i saw less than 50 Kavadis.
That's just a rough gauge la. But i expected to see the usual number of Kavadis that i saw last year and the pervious one as well.
The temple was EMPTY, trust me, compared to previous years, this is considered empty!
The road, was empty! I mean, it was as crowded as usual, where Kavadis will cause a "Kavadi Jam". The flow was rather smooth, not many pauses and Kavadis didn't have to wait much!

Is it because there were really lesser Kavadis or people carried earlier or people carried after i left temple heading home? Can't be the last option, cause the temple said that they would be closing ther entrance doors at 630pm! Which wasn't long from the time i left the temple, or left tekka!

I don't know. It just didn't seem like Thaipusam today! SobZ...

I did enjoy myself though. Seeing all the Kavadis. Most of it were the same as previous years. I could just look at the kavadi and tell whose it was. Or look at the group standing there and know who was going to carry the Kavadi...

Met a lot of people. People who i wanted to meet after so long - Valli ka, Dappa ka.
People who i didn't wanna meet - many will know the name!
People whol i don't rememeber knwoing at all. Trust me, it only happens to me. I end up smiling and saying hi and also having a convo with them, not knowing them, and how they know me!!!

Oh.. Did i mention! Some idiot stole my slipper. For God's sake, its only $7.90. And this only happens to me! During theemithi, during any major event in temple, some guy just manages to take note of my super cheap slipper and takes it away, before i can return home safely with it!
I need to start investing on slippers already. "Ragha Slippers" - does that sound nice? NAH!!!

I can hear GOD telling me to stop SMSing too much! haha. and to stop being nice to everyone. haha. And stop showing my teeth too much when i smile. :)

Ridiculous Reward,
Ragha
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]