Innocent Decision
Thursday, April 15, 2010
 
A Five day (four night) stay at TTSH.

My stay at TTSH was an awesome one.

Let me first begin with why i was admitted. Stomach Flu and Food Poisoning. I don't think it is the Pizza i ate on sat, but the bottled Coffee that i drank before i ate the pizza. It was exactly when Puyal was about to start when i began vomitting. Everynow and then, i had to get up halfway during the show, go to the toilet and puke. I wanted to watch the Alumni dance as well as the Medley dance performance, and so i stayed till the end. I shall talk about Puyal later.

Even after Puyal ended, my vomitting did not! Took a cab, headed home. Mum brought me to a 24hr clinic and got a jab there. The doctor said that if the jab doesn't take effect i would have to go to the hospital. And just like he said, i had to go to the hospital. However, i was simply too weak too move that my mum had to call the ambulance. And yes, i was brought to the hospital viz ambulance. My first time in one as a casualty, sleeping on the cot-stretcher! Wasn't exactly a thrilling ride though.

Reached the hospital and immediately had an IV drip. The doc did a "one-shot-one-kill" when he drew blood and dislodged the cathether. (this is was happens when u get a medic to explain his stay at a medical facility). The vomitting and diarrhoea did not stop. It was going on and on and on and on...... i was brought to the observatory ward where they kept on giving me oral medicine which didn't make things better, but rather worse. everytime i took the medicine, i ended up puking. I was also given this disgusting orange drink that was supposed to replenish the salt in me, but the moment that fluid touched my taste buds, i vomitted.

Quoting what my mum kept telling everyone who visited me in the hospital, i "looked pathetic. like a child curled up in the womb". My mum was SO worried for me and frustrated with the doctors/nurses there for not attending to me and continually giving me medicines that didn't make a difference. It was when she decided to 'make some noise' when the doctor decided to inject some medicine via IV, miracle or what, i felt SO much better! Honestly, i did not know time was flying. I was brought up to the ward (8A, bed 29) a little late at nite.

The next day when i woke up, i was all so ready to leave. I was feeling so much better. I thought i would just need to rest and all will be fine... Until the nurse told me that i was down with a fever! and then the fever started its work. My joints and muscles started aching so badly, that i became, once again, like a hamster!

and my diarrhoea hadn't exactly stopped. my vomitting had stopped though. And so everytime i wanted to go to the toilet, i had to call for the nurse so that she could take the IV drip tubing outta some machine so that i could carry it to the toilet. that was the most troublesome part of being on drips.

and then my vomitting started again, at 2am in the morning! Damn! When i was all so prepared to get discharged, this had to happen. And then, after breakfast, i vomitted again! and this time the diarrhoea had stopped. urgh! and finally, after some medications, i was feeling so much better and got discharged! YAY!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

Well, my stay in the hospital made me realise one VERI IMPORTANT thing. LOVE DOES EXIST!
I used to think that love never existed at all and that people confused love with many other things like, affection, passion, etc.. I also used to tell people that parental love is not love but it's just their mere duty, or you could even call it sacrifice.
But now... I do think that love exists! and that's thanks to my MUM! Hearts her loads!

Those days that i spent in the hospital, like some pathetic kid, helpless, my mum was there. She came every morning and left only at 10pm (ignoring the fact that visiting hours were from 12 to 2 and 5 to 8pm). I don't remember seeing her eat her lunch nor dinner. I don't remember seeing her closing her eyes to sleep, even for a little while! And every little movement of mine would cause her to jump out from her seat and see whether i'm alright.

It's hard to explain her actions and my reactions towards them. But one thing for sure, all that she did were out of love! Not because she was my mother or not because i needed them, but because she loved me! and so do i.
LOVE YOU MUM
Love is in the air,
RaghaBoi
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]